Craig monitors and analyzes foreign assistance legislation and advocates in support of international family planning and reproductive health programs to congressional offices, executive branch agencies, international organizations, and nongovernmental organizations. Promoted to his current position in 2009, he joined PAI in 1981 while completing his master’s degree in international affairs at The American University’s School of International Service. He received his undergraduate degree in government from Hamilton College. Craig serves on the board of directors of the U.S. Global Leadership Campaign, a coalition of over 400 businesses and NGOs promoting higher funding for international affairs programs, and on the political advisory committee of the League of Conservation Voters.
Craig Lasher, Director of U.S. Government Relations
Recent Posts for Craig Lasher
- How Family Planning Fared in the Cromnibus
- The Votes Are In: Tough Road Ahead for International Family Planning and Reproductive Health
- Beware of the Blood-Sucking Spending Bill!
- House Bill Still a Family Planning Fixer-Upper, But One Important Repair Made for Peace Corps Volunteers
- Good News & Bad News on Family Planning Appropriations